Earlier today, I went for a stroll around town as our weather is magnificent for a February. It’s above zero degrees Celsius which is unheard of around these parts. Literally, it nearly broke the historical records for highest temperature which was set in 2006 at 11.6C (or it could be global warming?) take your pick.
The journey took me 3.68 kilometres or that is what my S-Health told me, as I went down the road to the library to return books, around the corner to the Town Hall to watch the five flags flap in the wind down an alleyway towards the radio store, passed by another couple of people enjoying the nice sunny weather. Stopped out front of the Century 21 Building to learn they had moved. Along the sidewalk past the Chinese Restaurant, the Old Bar, crossed the walkway passed the Coop Grocery Store and headed on down 50th Street. Passed over the train tracks, looking both ways as I could swear I was hearing the train whistle. Once over the tracks, I definitely could hear the whistle. Standing by a chain link fence I watched the crossing arms begin to ring, their lights began to blink and their arms descended blocking traffic from crossing in-front of the train all the while shooting a two-minute video. Train gone, I walked out of the snow and continued down the sidewalk towards the grocery store.
While out on the walk, I started thinking (naturally most people do, so I think) about where I currently live, where I want to travel to in April for the 9th Anniversary and all the places that I have lived. The laundry list is extensive, elaborate and interesting when I think back upon all of the different places, rooms, bedding, things out the bedroom windows, languages, cultures, traditions and more.
- Jan 2012 to present day stationed in a small rural Albertan town in Canada
- July 2009 to Dec 2011 along the Han River in Beopheung-ri 법흥리, South Korea
- May 2007 to July 2009 topography just like home Calgary, Alberta Canada
- Feb 2006 to May 2007 Golf courses and desert sunshine in Scottsdale, Arizona USA
- May 2005 to Feb 2006 Let’s be a PADI Divemaster Jomtien Beach, Pattaya Thailand
- Aug 2004 to May 2005 outdoor adventures in Keystone, Colorado USA
- March 2004 to Aug 2004 drifting along the streets of Izumisano, Osaka Japan
- Feb 2004 to March 2004 lost in Centennial, Colorado USA
- Jan 2004 kicking adventures through surf & rainforest cultures of Costa Rica
- Feb 2002 to Dec 2003 “Briz-Vegas” aka Brisbane, Queensland Australia
- May 2001 to Feb 2002 taking a break before OZ, Steamboat Springs, Colorado USA
- Aug 1998 to May 2001 growing up in an Art College Seattle, Washington USA
- May 1996 to Aug 1998 learning life as a Frat Brother Fort Collins, Colorado USA
- Jan 1977 to April 1996 the formidable years of life Littleton, Colorado USA
- Birth to Dec 1976 hanging out in “Cheese-head” country Appleton, Wisconsin, USA